Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fixing outside plaster

I am preparing my little patio at the back so I can put up a small shed. The wall that the shed will be standing next to needs fixing and painting. The weather was reasonably OK so I took my chance.

Plastering is difficult and requires a fair bit of skill. This was my first time ever and even though I'm pleased with the result, a proper craftsman would've done a much better job.

Anyway, this is what I did:

The bad part of the wall. I wanted that big hole and the crappy corner edge fixed. I cleaned it so it would be reasonably dust-free.

I bought stuff particularly suited for this kind of work. I have no idea if there's a special name for it in English though...

It said 3.7 litres of water on 20 kilo of cement. I only needed 2 kilo of cement so I added 370ml but that was too much, the mixture stayed to runny. I think I ended up putting an extra half kilo of cement in.

With a simple spatula I put the cement in the hole and other places.

The result is quite rough but a bit of sanding will do the trick. It's not smooth and flat but it's a lot better than it was before :-)

No comments: